Dental implants have transformed the way millions of patients smile, speak, and eat. They provide permanent and comfortable replacement teeth that look and feel natural. That is why they are considered the gold standard for teeth replacement.
Implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed into your jawbone. The implant then fuses with the jawbone in a process called “osseointegration.” An implant acts as the root of your artificial tooth with the abutment and crown complementing the look of your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental implants
Dental implants are a great option for most patients. Here are a few advantages of getting dental implants:
- They are permanent and will not fall out of your mouth (like dentures).
- They are easy to care for and to maintain; just treat them like your natural teeth.
- They encourage a stronger and healthier jawbone.
- They pose no risk to your surrounding teeth.
- They improve your speech.
- They look great and encourage healthy biting.
Ultimately, if you’d like to know if you are a good fit for dental implants, then you need to come and see us. Dr. Nazarian uses advanced technology to identify any possible issues and can quickly determine a path forward to meet your unique needs.
Dental Implants of the Past
- A general dentist would evaluate your needs and refer you to another specialist.
- An oral surgeon or implant periodontist would extract old teeth, perform any necessary bone grafting, and place the implants (often over multiple appointments).
- Once the implants healed, a restorative dentist would place the artificial teeth onto the implants.
- We use the Carestream Dental 8100 imaging system to take images of the mouth, jaw and teeth to accurately make a diagnosis.
- Once Dr. Nazarian reviews your 3D scan images, he will establish whether or not you are ready for implants or if you need bone grafting.
- He will discuss the various treatment options available to address your unique situation. Using advanced computer software as a visual aide, Dr. Nazarian will thoroughly explain the implant procedure and answer any questions you might have.
- Dr. Nazarian will use CoDiagnostix software to virtually plan your surgery. This revolutionary system allows him to use the 3D images of your mouth to plan every step of your surgery, whether it is one implant or multiple implants.
- Dr. Nazarian will determine the precise placement of your implants and have a surgical guide fabricated to use during your appointment.
- The use of special, custom-made instruments
- 3D imaging
- Using newly released treatment products
- Surgical guide for placing the implants
Because so many dentists were involved, receiving implants was a time consuming and error-prone process. At Troy Dental Implants, we sought a better way to do things, considering all of the advancements in the dental field. With Dr. Nazarian and his extensive experience, knowledge, and advanced technology, we can provide comprehensive dental implant services, all under one roof.
One great benefit for our patients– after a single visit you can walk away with your missing teeth replaced! Here’s how we make it possible.
Quicker Treatment Planning
Most dental practices insist that a treatment plan for replacing teeth requires multiple visits that might take several months. Thanks to Dr. Nazarian’s experience and technology, a patient (who qualifies for getting implants in one day) can have everything finished in a single appointment.
The first step in getting dental implants is an evaluation with Dr. Nazarian. This evaluation will involve several steps:
His technology and experience ensures that the treatment is planned efficiently and that the possibility of errors is drastically reduced.
Placing the Implants
As far as we know, Dr. Nazarian’s practice is the only one in Southeast Michigan that can provide all services, procedures, and products for any dental implant need.
Cutting edge treatment protocols are at the heart of Dr. Nazarian’s “one appointment dentistry,” which include:
Once the preparation steps are completed, Dr. Nazarian places the dental implants. He eliminates the guesswork and shortens treatment time by using a surgical guide, designed to your specific needs, to ensure the implants are placed at the proper depths and angles. He then confirms that the implants have been placed properly by using the Osstell meter.
Best of all, because of these advances in technology, patients experience little to no postoperative discomfort.
Placing Artificial Teeth on the Implants
Although implants are placed in a single day, there will naturally be some follow-up visits to monitor tissue healing. Depending on the quality of bone, the dental implant will need 3-6 months to completely heal and fuse with the jawbone. Once this is done, we will again use the Osstell meter to confirm osseointegration and to place your new permanent tooth.
But don’t worry, you won’t spend those 3-6 months walking around with titanium posts visibly sticking out of your gums. At Troy Dental Implants, regardless of how many teeth require removal or how many implants are planned, no one leaves without teeth. In most cases, an immediate temporary will be placed on the dental implant.
Are You Ready?
If you are in the Troy, Michigan area and single day implants interest you, then contact us today. We’d love to meet you and discuss options for your smile.
Our goal is to deliver the best possible treatment experience and treatment outcome with all our implant dentistry procedures. We aren’t satisfied with meeting expectations – we want our patients to have such a great experience with our staff and services that their expectations are exceeded.